Hypnos at The Bed Show 2023
It was fantastic to see so many customers, old and new, at The Bed Show in Telford on the 26th & 27th September. We launched and showcased our two new collections: The Legacy Collection & The Eden Project Collection, as well as brand new headboards and fabrics – and if you were there, we hope you got the chance to try our helter-skelter, the most comfortable ride in the world!
The event saw the kick-off of Hypnos’ year-long celebration of our 120th anniversary in British bedmaking, as well as the 5th anniversary of our partnership with the Eden Project. Our stand featured many plants from which we have sourced the fibres for our new mattresses, including bamboo and banana, and was kindly provided by the expert team at the Eden Project. Hypnos’ Project ‘Zero’ concept bed this year focussed on a ‘Zero Waste’ looking at completely renewable and circular bed designs.
The Legacy Collection
Embark on a journey through a collection that pays tribute to Hypnos' illustrious 120-year legacy in the art of bedmaking, gracefully blending traditional craftsmanship and ethical materials with contemporary comfort and style.
Legacy embodies a seamless fusion of elegant refinement, masterful craftsmanship, and sustainable design.
- Six new seasonal-turn models in medium and firmer tensions, handcrafted with the finest natural and sustainable fibres.
- Fibres include natural Talalay latexRWS wool from British assured farms and Himalayan allo, kapok and organic cotton.
- Top models feature ReActivePro DUO pocket springs – all with Triple Edge Protection.
- New soft sleep surface of Tencel and viscose.
Launching November ‘23
The Eden Project Collection
Our partnership with the Eden Project began in 2019, with a shared vision to develop a collection of mattresses inspired by nature and plants, respecting biodiversity and supporting local communities.
We are proud to announce a new collection of expertly handcrafted, seasonal-turn pocket sprung mattresses, upholstered with plant-based fibres carefully sourced from the habitats that support the wellbeing of people and the planet.
- Created with up to 13 different plant-based materials, all chosen for their comfort and natural sustainable properties, many can be found in the Eden Project biomes.
- Plant-based comfort layer made from oranges, banana leaves and pineapple plants
- A new, chemical-free, seaweed-infused viscose sleep surface, exclusive to Hypnos
Launching January ‘24
Project Zero – Hypnos’ vision of ‘zero waste’ through circular design
At our stand at the NBF, we presented a ZERO waste concept mattress – made with natural plant materials and recycled fibres.
The Sustainable Development team at Hypnos have set up 'Project Zero' a technical exercise to consider the design of the most environmentally responsible, long-life, low-carbon yet luxurious feel mattress, this year with a focus on circular design for driving zero waste.
Hypnos have removed all commercial barriers to help identify fibres, innovations and technologies and their associated supply partners and sources that can be used in ongoing Hypnos products.
Project Zero has no lifespan, but is a continuing mission, so unfortunately isn't for sale...yet!
A slot together frame made from the equivalent of 4000 recycled water bottles and featuring fragments of coloured plastic from yogurt pots by SMILE plastics.
Based in south Wales, Smile Plastics’ production is a circular process. Made with recycled plastics and formed into sheets, any waste plastics generated during manufacture, are returned to the beginning of the process, modelling zero-waste manufacture. And, although the panels are built for longevity, they are 100% recyclable, with no additives, binders or resin—just pure recycled raw material. Any Smile Plastics product can be recycled locally or, thanks to their buy-back scheme, returned to be remade all over again.
Key Take Aways:
- Designed for life: designed for full user life longevity. Every element can be replaced; recycled; repaired; or upgraded.
- Custom comfort: 4 x material types over five layers invites the user to tailor the comfort to suit their individual needs. All 4 materials types could be employed or just 1 type depending on customers’ comfort and price preferences.
Our competition this year was to guess as accurately as possible, the height of our helter-skelter 'The Most Comfortable Ride in the World'.
The prize was a magnum of Barons de Rothschild Concordia Brut Champagne. We are very proud to announce the winner is The Devon Bed Centre. We'd like to offer our congratulations and thank you for taking part. We hope you thoroughly enjoy your prize!