Sleep tips for kids
Did you know you need about 10 hours of sleep every night?
Wow, that seems a lot but you need it to help you grow and to stay healthy. Children need more sleep than mums and dads.
We have some tips to help you get to sleep and stay asleep so you are always full of energy and ready to learn lots at school:
1. Always go to bed at the same time after brushing your teeth.
2. Have a bath before bed as this will relax you.
3. Do not play on the iPhone, iPad or computer games at least two hours before bed.
4. Eat your tea two hours before bed so your tummy feels comfy.
5. Reading before going to bed is good for making you feel sleepy.
6. Make sure you are not too hot or too cold in your bedroom.
7. Get your pillows nice and comfy.
8. Do not have the bedroom light on too brightly as you will sleep better when it is darker.
9. Snuggle up to your favourite soft toy!
Happy sleeping from the team at Hypnos!