Hypnos gears up to re-open its UK factories
Over the past few weeks, life has been very different for us all and Hypnos would like to say a huge thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we’ve been temporarily closed.
Whilst manufacturers have been able to continue working during the lockdown, Hypnos took the decision to pause its production. The government has now begun to develop guidelines on how workplaces should safely and gradually reopen once lockdown restrictions are eased. In response we wanted to let you know that we are preparing for our factories to open and resume some production towards the end of May.
The health and safety of our colleagues and customers is of paramount importance and we’ve spent some time carefully planning our phased and safe return to work, reworking our factory processes and operations to develop practical safety measures to ensure that returning staff are not only able to work safely but feel safe too.
We will be adopting a phased back to work approach, using the support of an initial, small workforce, all of whom have volunteered and are happy to return. We will begin by prioritising and working on those orders placed prior to lockdown.
Our stringent new measures include:
- Scheduled arrival and car parking procedures and different entrances for employees to minimise contact
- Provision of PPE, including masks, gloves and hand sanitisers
- Induction training sessions for returning staff that will explain all the stringent safety processes that must be followed at all times
- Employee’s temperature taken each morning through contactless methods. Anyone with a temperature will be asked to go home to self-isolate
- Implementing and following all government guidelines
- New packing and warehouse processes
- Revised loading and distribution controls
We will also be carefully scheduling and managing deliveries to ensure the safety of our delivery partners and retailers. This includes applying Public Health England guidelines to the delivery process.
These are challenging times for us all but our team take great pride in their craftsmanship and remain as committed as ever to providing you with the highest quality products.
Hypnos is a family-run business that has been producing hand crafted, sustainable beds and mattresses for over a hundred years and with your continued support and loyalty we hope to continue for many years to come.
Please continue to take care and stay safe.
On behalf of The Hypnos family
James Keen - Chief Executive Officer